Forehead wrinkles appear after the age of 30, and sometimes earlier. Stress, nervous tension, air pollution, and the skin’s tendency to become damaged and dry out affect its health. Minor age-related changes can easily be removed with massage and other cosmetic treatments. Deep formed wrinkles and expression lines are difficult to remove on their own, but professional cosmetologists know how to deal with the problem.
Causes of forehead wrinkles
Forehead wrinkles occur for a number of reasons. Some of them do not depend on us. With the rest we have the power to fight.
Genetics determines about 20% of age-related changes. The other 80% is the influence of negative external factors. However, genetics determines the shape of your skull, which determines the nature of facial changes with age.
Facial expressions are a major cause of wrinkles, especially on the forehead. Therefore, the habit of frowning or forehead wrinkling can be put in the category of harmful ones.
Aside from compulsive facial expressions and the habit of propping up the temple with one hand, smoking and unhealthy diets can have an equally debilitating effect on the skin.
- Smoking impairs peripheral circulation, which deprives tissues of nutrition. The face becomes dull, lines of dehydration appear, and then full-blown breakouts.
- After an unnecessarily strict diet, the skin does not have time to sit up to the measure of the “new” slimmer face, and as a result, the eyebrows droop and the forehead is covered with fine creases.
Constant stress, lack of sleep, polluted air, and ultra-violet light all contribute to age-related changes. In addition, wrinkles on the forehead contribute to the habit of sleeping with his face in the pillow, as well as on a hard surface (his own arm or a man’s chest).
The aging process can’t be reversed or stopped, but it can be delayed. Here’s what to do.
Drink plenty of water
Drink at least two liters of clear non-carbonated water a day. Black tea, coffee, juices and broths do not count. Green tea is an exception.
Watch your diet and nutrition regimen
Stick to fresh fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants. It is important to eat fatty fish, a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids. It is better to dress salad with vegetable oil, which is rich in omega-3, -6 and -9 fatty acids.
Get a good night’s sleep
Try to go to bed no later than 11 p.m. You should get at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night, but no more than 9 hours, according to the latest scientific data.
Avoid stress as much as possible
This recommendation is hard to follow, but still. Sign up for yoga or Pilates classes, meditate more often, and resort to relaxing breathing exercises in difficult situations. This approach will teach you to cope with difficult situations with the least loss to your appearance.
Exercise and spend more time outdoors
Reasonable exercise is important simply because it keeps your metabolism going, which slows inexorably with age. And don’t forget to walk as much as possible. The norm is 10,000 steps a day.
Give your skin the right kind of care
You can buy your first moisturizer at age 15-16, a preventive anti-aging cream at age 24-25, and if you’re approaching your 30th birthday, don’t forget to moisturize every day. A hyaluronic acid mask twice a week will greatly increase the effectiveness of your care.
Do facial exercises
Face-building is good for strengthening facial muscles. The main thing is to perform exercises regularly. On the Internet you will find many videos teaching facial exercises in an accessible form.”
How to get rid of wrinkles on the forehead
All methods of fighting wrinkles come down to cosmetic and salon care, as well as plastic surgery.
These are formulas that increase the synthesis of collagen and elastin. The first place is held by creams and serums based on:
- peptides and sugars (proxylan and rhamnose);
- components with botulinum-like effect (argyrelin);
- vitamin C;
In a beauty salon you will be offered, for example, such procedures.
There are effective techniques of lifting massage (buccal massage) and muscle relaxing massage.
If the folds are already deep enough, the area immobilized by botulinum toxin is filled with fillers based on high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid.
Using special equipment
For example, fractional thermolysis. Sometimes this procedure is supplemented with plasmolifting. By itself, it almost does not give a rejuvenating effect, but allows to support and prolong the effect of other methods.
As an extreme case there is a contouring of the forehead. This operation is quite traumatic, on the line of hair growth can leave traces. But this is the only way to fully raise eyebrows and smooth the skin.
How to remove wrinkles with massage
There are some fairly simple movements that can be repeated at home without risking stretching the skin.
Important! Any facial massage is performed only after applying cream or oil, but never on dry skin! Once the product is absorbed, the procedure must be completed.
- A small amount of cream is gently spread on the skin of the forehead from the center to the periphery, and then proceed to detailed study of the desired area.
- If it is interbrow wrinkles, then with the index and middle finger of the left hand press the skin tightly against the skull bones. So that the wrinkle area is firmly fixed, but visible between the fingers and accessible for massage.
- Then with the finger pad of the right hand start gently rubbing and smoothing the interbrow folds, moving from side to side (perpendicular to the direction of the wrinkle). You can lightly pinch the skin, gathering it into folds (also perpendicular to the wrinkle).
- If you are concerned about horizontal wrinkles, fix them between the fingers of your left hand, smooth and pinch them with your right hand, trying to perform the movements so that they do not repeat the direction of the wrinkle.
- At the end of the procedure place the thumbs under the eyebrows and raise the supraorbital arches (at the same moment try to resist your own fingers by lowering the eyebrows as much as possible).
- Finish with the “Rainbow” exercise: tap the skin with your fingertips, paying special attention to the area around the eyes. It’s great for relaxing the muscles.