Many girls dream of losing weight fast just in the thighs or buttocks to fit into their favorite old jeans or a dress. They resort to rigid diets and exhausting workouts and special exercises. Do they lose any weight? Not much, but they come back even faster. Let’s see if we can’t be more thorough, using slower, but no less effective methods.
Modern dietetics offers new methods that combine the principles of nutrition and psychology. People are taught to live in a new way, to change their habits and lifestyle. For example, patients stop covering their problems with food, don’t eat for company, and exclude unhealthy, fatty foods from their diet. The first results of this approach can be seen only after a month and a half, but they will last for a long time.
Why does fat accumulate on my thighs and hips?
Several reasons are responsible for the excessive centimeters of thighs:
- Hereditary predisposition. If a girl has narrow shoulders, a thin waist, but wide hips – most likely it is a matter of genetics. Especially if your mother, sister, grandmother, etc. suffer from the same problem.
- Peculiarities of physiology. The female body has one distinctive feature – the fair sex is able to bear, give birth to a baby. And nature does everything to make this process as comfortable and safe as possible.
- Lifestyle, habits: a sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, excessive calories due to an abundance of fast food and fast carbohydrates in the diet.
- Fluid retention. It is recommended to reduce the amount of salt, smoked foods, and semi-finished products in the diet, which retain moisture in the body.
- Genetics, lifestyle, habits – all this is not a verdict. With all of this successfully work professionals to help patients find the figure of their dreams.
It is worth bearing in mind that it is not possible to reduce only the volume of the hips. The body cannot lose weight locally, so weight loss will occur comprehensively, affecting all parts of the body.
What to do to lose weight in the thighs?
A magic pill that will reduce the volume, remove excess fat from the hips and butt, has not yet been invented. So the only way to effectively reduce weight – have patience and start with the basic rules:
- Establish a “water balance”. Drink at least 1.5 liters of pure water daily. Calculate water consumption according to the following ratio: 30 ml for each kilogram of body weight.
- Add healthy foods to the daily menu: fruits and vegetables, greens, lean white meat, dairy products, cereals, cereals.
- Limit the consumption of high-calorie, fatty foods full of flavorings, food additives, trans fats. These are semi-finished products, sausages, confectionery and flour products, sweet fizzy drinks, mayonnaise and fatty sauces, margarine.
- Introduce the “plate rule”. Each meal should be conditionally divided into three portions: 50% – vegetables and greens, 30% – protein, 20% – complex, slow carbohydrates.
Such rules will have a positive effect not only on your body shape, but also on your general well-being.
Going on a diet
Usually when a person decides to get rid of extra pounds, the first step he takes is to go on a diet. And this decision becomes fatal, because these serious food restrictions bring even more weight gain, as well as various psychological and physiological problems.
Diets are harmful for several reasons:
- have a negative impact on health;
- they disrupt the work of all body systems, particularly affecting the gastrointestinal tract;
- there are signs of vitamin and nutrient deficiencies: the appearance changes, nails and hair become brittle, the skin becomes dull;
- psycho-emotional background changes: the person becomes irritable, mood swings, depression symptoms are observed.
- after leaving the diet, the body is in a depleted state. Therefore, it is desirable to abandon such restrictions. It is strictly forbidden to adhere to such a diet for a child or teenager.
But what to do if you need to lose weight, and diets entail so many negative consequences? Help can come to the right diet. A balanced diet is rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. It consists of natural, fresh, delicious food. The main thing is that it has a perfectly balanced ratio of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and calories. A person will lose weight without feeling hungry and without experiencing the negative symptoms described above.
Exercises to help you lose weight
It will take a lot of effort to lose weight at home. You will have to study a huge amount of materials, information on the composition of the diet, exercise program. But the practice of dieting shows that only 2% of people are able to lose weight on their own. Everyone else needs qualified help from specialists.
Nevertheless, you can do low-impact workouts at home. They will strengthen the muscular frame, improve overall health. It could be a morning exercise or a small complex in the evening. You can add to it and exercises from which thin thighs.
1. Warm Up
Any workout should start with a warm-up. It warms up the muscles, tendons and joints, improves blood circulation, increases the supply of oxygen to the cells. What exercises to include? The water part of the workout may be as follows:
Warm up for one to two minutes: brisk walking, slow running in place;
Joints gymnastics for one to two minutes;
Stretching: bending sideways, to the left, to the right, to straight legs.
After such a short complex, which takes about five minutes, you can move on to the main block of exercises.
The most common exercise for the muscles of the thighs and buttocks – squatting. The technique is as follows:
Spread your legs shoulder width apart;
Straighten the back, tense the abs;
As you inhale, bend your knees to an angle of 90 degrees, squat.
While doing this, make sure you don’t have any discomfort or pain in your joints. Make about 10-15 reps.
3. One-leg squat
A heavier version of the squat is on one leg. The exercise has a second name – “pistol”. The technique is as follows:
Starting position – standing, feet shoulder width apart;
Arms are freely lowered along the body;
If it is difficult to perform the exercise, you can lean on the wall with one hand;
As you exhale, crouch down on one leg, stretch the other one forward.
Number of repetitions: at least five for each side.
4. Jumping with squatting
Technique of execution:
stand up straight, feet hip-width apart;
Place your arms freely along the body;
As you exhale, do a deep squat;
As you exhale sharply jump up.
Make sure you don’t have pain in your knee joints.
5. Lateral leg raise in prone position
Exercise effectively works the lateral surface of the thigh, helps to strengthen the legs. Exercise technique:
Starting position is lying on your side;
As you exhale lift your leg vertically up to a 45 degree angle;
You should feel the tension in the thigh muscles.
Repeat for each side at least 8-10 times.
Cosmetic procedures will help to slightly reduce the volume, make the skin smoother, firmer, more elastic. These include:
- massage: honey, salt, oil and others;
- wraps: chocolate, clay, seaweed;
- instrumental massage: vacuum, LPG
Some of the procedures are carried out in beauty salons, while others can be done at home. The main thing is to consult with specialists. There are variants of massage or wraps that have contraindications.
Training on cardio machines is a fairly common type of physical activity. They are installed in almost all fitness centers. They can also be purchased for home use. Exercising on such machines brings obvious benefits:
- acceleration of metabolic processes;
- Increasing blood circulation, supplying cells with oxygen;
- Strengthening the cardiovascular and respiratory systems;
- Increase the tone of muscles;
- Positive impact on internal organs.
People who are regularly engaged in sports note a general improvement in well-being: performance and concentration increases, and insomnia decreases. If exercising on simulators is prohibited on medical grounds, it is possible to replace training by regular walking. Just half an hour a day can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
A stepper is an exercise machine that simulates leisurely running or walking. The main difference is the ability to simulate elevation gain, which allows you to burn more calories per workout than during a normal walk.
Stepper is quite compact, small in size. Therefore, it can be used for home training. The advantages of this trainer:
- relatively low price – a treadmill is several times more expensive;
- small list of contraindications – a leisurely walk is shown to almost everyone, both teenagers and people of age;
- good impact on the body.
- classes on the stepper are contraindicated to people weighing more than 100 kilograms, because during the exercise greatly increases the load on the knee joints, which is fraught with injury.
A stationary bicycle simulates riding a bicycle. It usually has several modes of difficulty, by resistance. The main load during the exercise is on the muscles of the hips, while the upper body is practically not involved.
The main advantages are:
- small dimensions;
- ease of use;
- the ability to independently choose the mode;
- suitable for people weighing up to 150 kg.
Sometimes the exercise bike is used for rehabilitation of patients after surgery. Exercising on it is part of the complex of therapeutic and health-improving physical training. But it is not suitable for constant training, as the load is monotonous, the body quickly gets used to it.
The most popular piece of fitness equipment used for running or leisurely walking. During the workout, the whole body works, which distinguishes the treadmill from the exercise bike and stepper. There are other advantages:
- suitable for exercising at home;
- allows you to adjust the mode and intensity of your workout;
- can fully replace running or walking in the street, if weather conditions do not allow it;
- suitable for both beginners and advanced athletes.
- the main disadvantages are size and price.
To reduce the volume of the thighs, you can add to a proper diet, physical activity and work with a psychologist cosmetic procedures. For example, massage. It comes in several forms:
Some types involve the use of special devices, others only manual techniques. But all of them mainly affect the skin, improving its condition. It is not possible to lose weight with their help.
Massage at home
For the massage procedure will need to buy oil or cream in advance. The technique is as follows:
- take a hot shower or bath – this will steam the skin, preparing it for the procedure;
- clean the skin surface with a scrub;
- apply a little oil or cream on the palms of your hands;
- slowly knead first one then the other leg in circular motions, light patting, pinching (the skin should become slightly pink);
- work thoroughly on each area of the thigh, starting at the knees, moving upwards;
- to finish with light circular movements, patting, pinching.
- this treatment improves blood circulation and stimulates the outflow of lymph. The massage should be done with a course of 10 sessions.
The specialist’s massage is a little bit better than the one that you get at home. A qualified master knows a lot of different techniques and techniques, uses modern materials and devices. The result of such procedures will be visible in 2-3 weeks. The skin becomes smoother, smoother and more elastic.
The main advantage of salon procedures is the individual approach. Your specialist will take into account all existing contraindications and your current state of health. Based on this will develop a complex, will indicate the number of sessions.
It is performed in two ways: with a special device or medical beads. It affects blood and lymph circulation. This improves the skin and makes it smoother. But after the procedure it is possible to get bruises and bruises.
Vacuum massage has a number of contraindications:
- varicose veins;
- blood diseases, cardiovascular system;
- kidney or liver failure;
You should definitely consult your doctor before the procedure.
There are several varieties of water massage. The most popular is the Charcot shower, in which jets of water under pressure are applied to the skin. During it, as in the previous cases, it stimulates blood circulation and lymph outflow, improving the condition of the skin. This treatment also relieves stress, signs of fatigue and improves performance and concentration.
This massage can be contraindicated in the following cases:
- Infections of the throat, respiratory tract;
- dermatological diseases;
- diseases of the genitourinary system.
Hydromassage is carried out in the salons by means of special installations.
How can I lose weight in my thighs as quickly as possible?
Everyone who is losing weight dreams of losing weight quickly and without much effort on their part. No one wants to learn how to eat right, to fight their problems and complexes. But here’s the problem – even if the legs become the desired volume, a person will not feel joy, it will seem to him that nothing has changed. After all, the problem is in the head.
Therefore, do not look for unique ways and miracle pills, it is better to have patience and enlist the support of specialists.
How to lose weight in the thighs in a week?
No one, even the most brutal diet of the world will not help to get rid of extra pounds accumulated over the years. By restricting the diet, you lose fluid from the body and muscle fiber. But all this will recover as quickly as it went, after the end of the week-long hunger strike.
Especially often the idea of losing weight in a week affects young teenage girls. The crisis of these years makes them feel unnecessary, clumsy, not who they are. And the solution to the problem in this case is left to the parents – do not ignore the suffering of the child, and send him for comprehensive treatment in a weight loss clinic.
Lose weight in the thighs in a month
If you adhere to reasonable dietary restrictions for a month, you can notice a general improvement in well-being, ease, confidence in your own abilities. Although the figure on the scales may not change much. This approach is considered the most correct, as weight loss occurs smoothly, evenly, without harm to the body.
And from hard diets for a month should be abandoned once and for all. All this is fraught with much more serious physiological and psychological problems.
When there is no time at all
The only thing that can be done before an important event is to take care of your skin. Taking a hot bath, skin cleansing by scrubbing, massage – all this will improve the condition of the epidermis and visually appear that the legs have become a little slimmer.
The best solution is not to lead the situation to the point where there is no time to lose weight. If a person notices such habits as eating out of company, systematically overeating, stress eating, not controlling portion sizes – it is necessary to immediately contact the specialists of the weight loss clinic. It is easier to treat problems as they arise. If you have a lot of extra pounds, you need to have patience and enlist the support of specialists.