Vitamins for men are organic substances that support the strength and vitality of the stronger half of mankind. The modern rhythm of life, improper diet, frequent stress, bad ecology lead to the depletion of nutrient reserves in the body. As a result, after the age of 35 a man begins to lose shape abruptly, immunity deteriorates and potency decreases. To restore strength doctors recommend to pay attention to vitamin and mineral complexes and a diet dominated by healthy foods (vegetables, fruits, herbs, cereals, dairy products).
Tips on choosing supplements for men
For men and women to feel healthy and full of vitality, they need the same sets of vitamins, just in different proportions. Because of the developed musculature, large body constitution, intense physical activity, the male body needs the intake of more nutrients than the female body.
Theoretically, it is possible to get the necessary vitamins, micro and macronutrients from food. However, in this case, you need to eat more than two and a half kilograms of meat (B1, PP, B6), sea fish (D, iodine), freshly picked apples (C), black currants (C), red pepper (C), a kilogram of cottage cheese (calcium), half a kilogram of fresh salad leaves (B9, carotene) and drink two liters of milk (B2, B12) daily, which is unreal.
Fried, fatty foods, preservatives, flavor enhancers, ketchups, mayonnaises are common foods for modern man. And regular snacks in a hurry, stress, overwork finally undermine the health of men. Help make up for this nutrient deficiency with vitamin and mineral complexes.
Celecting vitamins properly
Before buying any supplement or drug, you should consult a doctor and carefully study the contents, indications and contraindications.
Read the label before you buy a supplement. In synthetic preparations, the daily dose of nutrients may cover from 50% to 100% of the body’s needs. If you have dairy products, fresh vegetables and fruits every day, it is recommended to buy vitamin complexes that contain half or most (80%) of the daily dosage of nutrients. If you have an unbalanced diet, give preference to formulas that cover 100% of the body’s daily requirement of nutrients. However, such formulas will cost much more. You should be wary of overdose in regard to fat-soluble vitamins, they tend to accumulate. Excess water-soluble substances will be eliminated by the body naturally.
The need for vitamins and minerals in the male body increases with heavy physical work, vigorous exercise and after the age of 40. It is very to maintain health and well-being relying only on a healthy diet.
You don’t need Iron
Unlike women, this mineral in large quantities (more than 10 milligrams per day) is harmful, as it causes tremors, has a negative influence on the cardiovascular system and increases the risk of myocardial infarction. Therefore, we recommend to choose nutritional supplements that contain a minimum amount of iron.
According to experts, the male body produces this hormone under the influence of selenium, vitamin E; it improves reproductive function, prevents prostate diseases, improves sperm quality, and promotes conception of healthy offspring.
To activate the production of testosterone is worth buying products that include a daily dose of selenium and vitamin E. Before buying a vitamin and mineral complex, it is important to pay attention to the expiration date of the product. Do not buy expired supplements. The packaging should be intact, with no visible damage. In addition, in order to avoid buying counterfeit products, make sure that the instructions indicate the country of manufacture, the official importer (if available) with a contact phone number.
Why and when vitamins matter
Let’s look at only a partial list of situations and conditions when a male body not only needs but craves for some extra vitamin volume.
The need for vitamins increases with:
- intensive sports activities (especially during the period of gaining muscle mass);
- performing heavy physical labor;
- decreased potency;
- planning pregnancy;
- reaching the age of 40 or more;
- weakened immunity;
- hypo- and avitaminosis;
- diseases of the digestive tract, when the absorption of nutrients in the stomach/intestines is disturbed;
- intense mental work;
- insufficient insolation;
- burns, injuries;
- infectious, purulent inflammatory diseases;
- after operations;
- monotonous, unbalanced diet;
- alcohol abuse;
- tobacco smoking;
- chronic fatigue syndrome.
In these cases, the human body is under stress and begins to rapidly break down all the nutrients to maintain vitality. If he does not have enough of one or another element to replenish his strength, the man is in poor health, reduced efficiency, sleep disorders, decreased resistance to adverse environmental factors (infection, intoxication, heat, cold), there is an imbalance of hormonal activity, endocrine function. With a significant deficit develops diseases: scurvy, rickets and osteoporosis, pellagra, beri-beri.
Vitamins for potency
Every man wants to be the best for his woman, including – in the intimate sphere. However, the genitals do not always obey the desire, the blame for this decrease in potency. Men face this problem at different ages: young, mature, old.
The causes of reduced potency depends on the nature of sexual dysfunction. Heavy alcohol intoxication as well as stress, depression, nervous overexertion, overwork or lack of sleep can cause temporary violation. Constantly reduced potency – a consequence of sedentary lifestyle, inflammatory diseases of the genital area (prostatitis, urethritis), unbalanced diet, drug use, tobacco.
To restore an erection requires a complex effect on the body: drugs, psychologist advice, a proper daily routine (work and rest), massage and exercises.
Remember, the key to men’s sexual health remains an active lifestyle and proper nutrition.
Vitamins and minerals to enhance potency:
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C). Improves the permeability of blood vessels, making them more elastic. This is important for filling the tissues of the penis with blood. In addition, vitamin C prevents the formation of carcinogens that cause prostate disease, improves hormone production, is involved in hematopoiesis.
- Cholecalciferol (D). Stimulates the production of testosterone, which increases potency, libido.
- Tocopherol (E). Participates in the formation of sperm cells, increases libido. Lack of tocopherol in men causes muscle weakness, indifference to sex, reduces the number of red blood cells, provokes the accumulation of fat.
- B vitamins. Increase the synthesis of testosterone, restore energy metabolism, protect the liver, improve heart and nervous system.
- Zinc. This is the building material for testosterone. Without this trace element the sex hormone molecule is not formed. As a result, there is a relationship – no zinc, not produced testosterone, no potency and libido. A micronutrient increases sperm motility, prevents the development of prostatitis, increases the possibility of conception.
- Selenium. Improves sperm quality, which is especially important for men treated for infertility. Selenium regulates the reproductive organs and is involved in the synthesis of testosterone.
The health of the baby should be taken care of not only by the mother, but by both parents before conception. Pregnancy planning is a responsible task that not everyone thinks about. The man is responsible for the X chromosome, which determines the sex of the future baby.
50% of the baby’s health depends on the father’s condition
Doctors recommend that the preparation for conception begin at least six months before the expected date. During this period, both spouses should undergo a medical check-up, abandon their bad habits and normalize their diet. If health problems are detected, they should be necessarily treated. At the planning stage of pregnancy, expectant parents should take vitamins, so as not to deprive the body of the child of nutrients.
Why a man should take vitamins and supplements
Many spouses mistakenly believe that during the preparation period, only the woman should pay attention to health, because she will carry the baby. However, this is not true. Often, conception does not occur because of male sexual dysfunction. In addition, health problems are passed on to the baby from the father.
What vitamins to take and in what dosage a man, when planning a pregnancy, is determined by the doctor.
What to pay attention to:
- Vitamin B9. Saturates the blood with oxygen, participates in the laying of the nervous system of the baby, reduces the number of incomplete sperm cells that contain the wrong set of chromosomes.
- Vitamin A. Influences the formation of bones, eyes, lungs, heart and kidneys in the embryonic stage.
- Vitamin C. Promotes iron absorption, provides stable genetic information.
- Vitamin F (Omega 3, 6, 9). Facilitates the process of conception and is necessary for the maturation of healthy sperm.
- Vitamin E. Fights radicals formed in the male body, has a protective effect on the cells.
In addition, for the full formation, increasing the number, increasing the mobility of gametes and improve the quality of sperm, which promotes conception, we recommend to take vitamin complexes containing zinc and selenium.
Vitamins for mature men (after 40)
After crossing the “40” mark, the mental performance, physical activity, health and energy of the strong half of mankind fully begins to depend on how responsibly and carefully they treat their own health. When you are young, your body needs a basic set of vitamins, the main ones are A, B and E. These nutrients are responsible for the production of testosterone, the formation of healthy sperm, the complete assimilation of protein.
Thus, up to 40 years of age the male body aims for maintaining the health of the reproductive system. In older age the quality of absorption of necessary substances decreases, the predisposition to the manifestation of chronic diseases forms.
To combat age-related changes the basis of any vitamin and mineral complex for men should be:
- A – retinol, beta-carotene (1 milligram);
- C – ascorbic acid (100 milligrams);
- E – tocopherol (10 milligrams);
- H – biotin (0.12 milligrams);
- D – ergocalciferol, cholecalciferol (0.015 milligrams);
- B1 – thiamine (4 milligrams);
- B2 – riboflavin (3.5 milligrams);
- B6 – pyridoxine (2.5 milligrams);
- B9 – folic acid (0.45 milligrams);
- B12 – cyancobalamin (0.025 milligrams).
Smoking negative effects
People who abuse nicotine and want to reduce body fat and build muscle mass should additionally consume foods or supplements that contain lipoic acid (vitamin N). Natural sources of the nutrient include milk, rice, cabbage, beef and liver. The daily requirement for men with a sedentary lifestyle is 30 milligrams of lipoic acid. Athletes after 40 years of age who do endurance physical exercises should increase their intake to 150-450 mg, depending on training intensity.
In adulthood, smoking is particularly aggressive on the liver, and lipoic acid becomes on the protection of the organ, protecting it from the development of hepatosis, cirrhosis. After 50 years of age the risk of heart disease, prostate adenoma increases, enzyme systems wear out, immunity weakens, hair begins to turn grey and fall out, baldnesses form, bones become brittle, the number of fractures increases.
To maintain the health of the man is recommended daily use the most fresh, organic foods, herbs. Giving up fried, smoked foods, ketchup, mayonnaise, store-bought juices, confectionery, canned foods. Prepare your food properly, “sparingly”: boil it or bake it in the oven.