Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic oils to promote healing and overall wellness in the body. These all natural oils have been used over time, with each oil having a specific use and set of properties.
Essential oil molecules have direct access to the area of the brain that controls emotions and memory, bypassing the blood-brain barrier. This means that the aromatic oils can carry out their intended purpose faster than something like an oral medication which must first be absorbed and then circulated throughout the body. A form of alternative medicine, aromatherapy is gaining momentum. It is used for a variety of applications, including pain relief, mood enhancement and increased cognitive function.
Our store carries VK Aromas Naturales; 100% natural essential oils contained in a biodegradable sponge. The sponges are contained in a jar with an easy to remove lid. Each jar can scent up to a 400 square foot room and lasts 6 months to 2 years, depending on the scent and how often you open the lid.
Benefits of each aromas:
- Apple – Pleasant fragrance. Green apple scent. Inhibitor of undesirable odours. Helps in keeping moths away. Harmony with citruses, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Bergamot – Energizing fragrance. Fresh zesty aroma. Fights bad odours. Convenient in bathrooms. Harmony with citruses, apple and chamomile.
- Chamomile – Fresh soothing fragrance. Helps to relax and to sleep better. Harmony with lavender and bergamot.
- Cinnamon – Purifying exotic fragrance. Aphrodisiac. Induces to relaxation and good mood. Harmony with vanilla, apple and orange.
- Eucalyptus – Balsamic fragrance. Excellent air purifier. Soothing in cases of cough, allergies and asthma. Harmony with marjoram, rosemary, pine and lavender.
- Grapefruit – Refreshing fragrance. Air antiseptic. Natural tonic. Harmony with all fragrances.
- Incense – Purifying exotic fragrance. Recommended for relaxation. Feeling of well being Excellent air purifier. Harmony with sandalwood, cinnamon and floral scents.
- Jasmine – Floral fragrance. Feeling of well-being. Helps in cases of apathy, listlessness and indifference. Strong odor suppresor. Harmony with rose, orange blossom, lavender and citrus.
- Lavender – Tranquilizing fragrance. Helps to relax and sleep. Feeling of calm and well-being. Harmony with mint, rose, jasmine, ylang.
- Lemon – Purifying fragrance. Helps relieve congestion. Refreshing and deodorizing. Harmony with mints and citruses.
- Mandarin – Refreshing fragrance. Air purifier. Feeling of well-being. Harmony with citruses.
- Marjoram – Balsamic fragrance. Air purifier. Helps to prevent snoring. Harmony with eucalyptus, pine and lavender.
- Mint – Invigorating fragrance. Stimulant and fresh. Feeling of clearness and well-being. Ideal for the office and in the car. Harmony with lemon, rosemary and lavender.
- Orange Blossom – This sweet, citrusy scented oil does more than create a pleasing aroma in your room. The scent is know to be a relaxant, relieving stress, insomnia and dizziness. It is also known to help lift moods, combatting chronic anxiety and fear.
- Orange – If you live a hectic, stressful and overworked lifestyle, the aromatic oil of orange will fit nicely into your life. It reduces anxiety and nervous tension, while cutting down on obsessiveness. Yet at the same time it improves concentration, meaning you are more focused and get more done.
- Patchouli – Patchouli is known to help ground and balance emotions and also work to fight food cravings. Another use of patchouli is as an insect repellent, making this oil useful at the campsite, backyard barbecues and in the home if you accidentally left the door open a little too long.
- Peppermint – If you are suffering from headaches, then opening this jar of peppermint essential oil can help to relieve them. It is also great for asthma sufferers or people dealing with congestion and breathing issues. If you are a student or just need some mental focus, this oil is also great for enhancing mental clarity.
- Pine – If you are reading this with a stuffy nose or chest congestion, then you’ve found the right aromatic oil for you. This familiar scent is great fro breaking up that tough congestion that just won’t quit hanging around.
- Rose – If you find that your home or a certain room or area seem to retain odours long past their welcome, this oil can help banish them. It is also known to help relieve symptoms of PMS and menopause, as well as provide anti-depressant-like effects.
- Rosemary – This ancient plant, related to lavender, basil and sage, is part of the mint family, and has been used since the time of the Egyptians in the treatment of various ailments. Not only is it helpful in relieving stress, it can also lower blood pressure in some individuals, as well as provide the immune system with a much needed boost.
- Sandalwood – Sandalwood has long been harvested for it’s pleasing scent in the use of perfumes and incense. It also has benefits, such as easing you off to sleep if you suffer from insomnia. It also relieves stress and can lift mood.
- Smokeless – The blend of eucalyptus, pine and mint in Smokeless not only works as an air purifier, but clears congestion, something smokers and those around them may suffer from. It is also useful for non-smokers who may be suffering from congestion due to allergies or a cold.
- Vanilla – This one essential oil that most people will recognize, although they might not know of it’s properties other than making the house smell like cookies. The aroma is potent as a relaxant and an aphrodisiac.
- Violet – If you find yourself nervous throughout the day, essential oil of violet can help to calm your nerves and reduce feelings of fatigue. It is also great at clearing up congestion as well, meaning the combination of nerve calming and congestion clearing can be perfect when you are stressed and sick as well.
- Ylang Ylang – Ylang can help to prevent or treat insomnia, stress, nervous tension and even anger, all while giving your nervous system a boost that it likely needs in our hectic busy lives, as it has anti-depressant like effects. It is also a known aphrodisiac.
Have you tried any of our aromatherapy products? What do you think of them?